An ideal gift to say thank you to a special teacher or a perfect Graduation Gift .
Welcome to our " Second Edition " of literary teas. You will find the next 24 literary greats to choose from in a lovely White Square Tea Caddy wrapped with our distinctive black and white book design. This tin is filled with a cellophane bag of loose leaf tea OR ENGLISH BREAKFAST TEABAGS, each Literary tea blend reflects the nature of the individual author, poet or philosopher and makes an ideal gift.
IF YOU WOULD PREFER WE CAN REPLACE THE TEA BLEND CHOSEN BY US FOR EACH LITERARY GREAT WITH 20 PYRAMID TEABAGS FILLED WITH OUR FABULOUS PREMIUM ENGLISH BREAKFAST TEA INSTEAD.
YOU WILL NEED TO NOTIFY US OF YOUR PREFERENCE SO SELECT EITHER THE LITERARY BLEND OR BREAKFAST TEABAGS FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU
The square tin has a hinged lid and it's dimensions are: 75mm wide x 75mm deep x 95mm high. Each tin contains enough LOOSE LEAF tea to make up to 35 cups.
Every gift or tea that we sell is always made to order and will have at least 12 months best before date on them!
There are 24 authors, poets and Philosophers in our Second Edition Collection with many more to choose from in our First Edition:
1. AA Milne – Orange Crush - Our fabulous, bright, zingy, citrusy, fruity, full of flavour orange infusion! This blend is an all fruit tea and makes a wonderful fruity hot infusion or perfect over ice. It brings a bright ray of sunshine into your cup! Ingredients: Orange peel, orange flowers, apple pieces, rosehips, hibiscus, natural flavour. Naturally caffeine free. Net Weight 80g.
2. Aristotle - Mint Licorice - Calling all lovers of liquorice, this has got to be tried, a lovely cooling, sweet drink with just the right amount of peppermint, fennel and liquorice to soothe and refresh. It is also good for the tummy if you have been overdoing it! A delightful tea to just relax and unwind with. Naturally caffeine free. Ingredients: Peppermint, fennel, Liquorice. Net Weight 70g.
3. Alexandre Dumas - Lavender Earl Grey – All for one and one for all! - Our Lavender Earl Grey is blended with Sri Lankan black tea infused with the ever-distinctive bergamot oil. To add a little twist to this wonderfully aromatic tea we have added a sprinkling of lavender flowers to offer a wonderfully perfumed cup of tea. We hope once you have tasted this delicate blend you will be delighted with its balance of flavours! Ingredients Sri Lankan black tea, lavender de Provence, blue cornflower Petals, bergamot oil. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 80g.
4. Anne Bronte - Chamomile Flowers – There is always a ‘BUT’ in this imperfect world. - This herbal chamomile tea has nothing added or taken away, simply beautiful chamomile flowers for the ideal relaxing drink. Naturally caffeine Free. Ingredients: Egyptian Chamomile flowers. Net Weight 50g.
5. Dante - Chilli Mint – If you like a little something with a big kick then this could be just right for you! With the growing trend for Chilli in the UK we thought why leave Tea out? This is a glorious blend of the finest mint leaves with real chilli mixed in. It’s a simple mix but be warned the longer you leave this the more powerful the chilli kick – how far dare you push it! Ingredients: Spearmint, red peppercorns. Net Weight 50g.
6. Daphne du Maurier - Rose Earl Grey - When one is writing a novel in the first person, one must be that person – This is a beautiful tea, Rose Earl Grey, blended with Sri Lankan black tea infused with distinctive bergamot oil, we have then added a sprinkling of rose buds and petals to offer a delicately perfumed cup of tea. Ingredients: Sri Lankan black tea, rose buds and petals, bergamot oil. Net Weight 70g.
7. DH Lawrence - Rose Chocolate – In every living thing there is the desire for love - Rose Chocolate - A fabulous blend of silky chocolate with the aromatic touch of rose petals. A delicious black tea, that has a subtle touch of perfumed rose, just think chocolate covered Turkish Delight! Ingredients: Sri Lankan and Chinese Keemun black teas, rose petals, vanilla pieces, chocolate and vanilla flavouring, cocoa shells. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 70g.
8. Geoffrey Chaucer - Fennel and Licorice - Time and tide wait for no man … - A truly aromatic warming infusion of sweet liquorice, blended with fennel, ginger, lemon balm and cinnamon. Not only will it warm you as it gently works its way down but should also be a wonderful soother for the tummy too. Ingredients: Liquorice, lemon balm, ginger, fennel and cinnamon. Naturally caffeine free. Net Weight 60g.
9. George Orwell - Ale Blend – War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength. This is a very smooth tea, with hints of caramel and chocolate too, with a slight bitterness from the hops at the end of each sip. Something so very different but certainly a blend that all ale lovers should perhaps try! Ingredients: Indian Assam, Sri Lankan black tea, Indian 1st flush Darjeeling, Kentish Hops, caramel pieces, cocoa pieces, natural flavouring. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 70g.
10. Hans Christian Anderson - Chocolate Orange - Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale - A truly luxurious blend of black tea, real cocoa and zesty orange, two flavours that work so well together! You still know you are drinking tea but it has subtle notes of cocoa and juicy orange. Ingredients: Sri Lankan black tea, vanilla pieces, chocolate and vanilla flavouring, cocoa shells, orange peel, orange flowers, apple pieces, rosehips, hibiscus, natural orange flavour. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 80g.
11. Homer - China Keemun - It is not possible to fight beyond your strength, even if you strive - This great black tea leaf is an extremely high quality large leaf variety from the Qimen Provence in China. It has fabulous, slightly light perfume and full bodied with a mellow, sweet taste. It is known as the Burgundy of black teas - like a glass of fine wine but in a cup! Ingredients: Chinese Keemun Mao Feng black tea. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 70g.
12. John Keats - Sleepy Tea - A thing of beauty is a joy forever. - A herbal tea to help you relax and unwind. A truly wonderful mix of chamomile, lavender and passion flower. Drink before bedtime to ease you into a peaceful sleep. Ingredients: Chamomile, rose petals, lavender flowers, passion flowers. Naturally caffeine free. Net Weight 50g.
13. Jules Verne - Smoked Almond - Anything one man can imagine other men can make real - We have blended Chinese smoked black tea with a high quality Ceylon, then added almond pieces to give a strong, well rounded, full of nutty notes tea. One of our team cannot get enough marzipan in his life and since tasting this tea has drunk nothing else! Ingredients: Sri Lankan black tea, almond pieces, smoked Chinese black tea, almond flavouring. Naturally contains caffeine. ALLERGEN WARNING: CONTAINS NUTS. Net Weight 80g.
14. Louisa May Alcott - Rose Lemonade – Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select the more enjoyable. - This is a delightful light blend of green tea with a citrus lemon touch and the gentle aromatic perfume of rose petals. A really refreshing tea with a little citrus rose zing! Ingredients: Chinese green tea, lemon grass, lemon verbena, lemon pieces, rose petals, rose buds, natural lemon flavour. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 70g.
15. Ovid - Assam - For those of you who may not know, Assam is pretty much the strongest large leaf black tea that you can buy. Our Assam is of supreme quality, it is both powerful and malty and gives a strong, distinctive taste. A perfect tea if you are looking for strength in character and colour, it will easily give you that morning boost! Ingredients: Assam Indian Black Tea. Naturally contains caffeine. 15. Ovid - For those of you who may not know, Assam is pretty much the strongest large leaf black tea that you can buy. Our Assam is of supreme quality, it is both powerful and malty and gives a strong, distinctive taste. A perfect tea if you are looking for strength in character and colour, it will easily give you that morning boost! Ingredients: Assam Indian Black Tea. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 80g.
16. Plato - Lapsang Souchong - This is a truly distinctive rich Chinese black tea, made in the traditional way of slowly smoking the leaves over pine wood. The leaves are of a high quality, unbroken variety; they will brew a good strength black tea with the obvious smoked taste and aroma. Ingredients:
Chinese Lapsang Souchong. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 80g.
17. Robert Louis Stevenson - Lemon Green Tea – A perfect blend of flavours, green tea and citrus. Excellent green tea blended with wonderfully healthy Lemon verbena and lemon grass. A really refreshing tea with a little citrus zing. Ingredients: Chinese green tea, lemon grass, lemon verbena, flavour, lemon pieces. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 70g.
18. Rudyard Kipling - Pure Tropical - Open the doors to the Caribbean and let the sun pour in! Brimming with pineapple and coconut this all fruit infusion will have you floating on air all the way to warm seas and back again. Absolutely fantastic hot as it encourages those tropical aromas to ooze out, but is just as fab taken over ice. Ingredients: Apple pieces, pineapple, mango, coconut, natural flavour, orange flowers, hibiscus, rosehip. Naturally caffeine free. Net Weight 80g.
19. Thomas Hardy - Jasmine Green Tea - A relaxing, fragrant blend with all the goodness of a wonderful Yunnan Provence green tea leaf. The leaves are dried and laid amongst glorious Jasmine Flowers, over time the heavenly scent is infused into these leaves. Jasmine has a wonderful relaxing effect. Ingredients: Chinese jasmine green tea. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 80g.
20. Socrates - Japanese Sencha - A delightful light refreshing super green tea. This has a clean, light fragrance of a fresh tea. Apart from the fact that this is a great green tea it is very high in polyphenols, catechins and antioxidants which has been suggested through scientific research that these elements have powerful health benefits. Ingredients: Japanese green tea. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 80g.
21. Sophocles - Cinnamon Rooibos - Earthy and warm, our excellent South African Rooibos blended with aromatic cinnamon to give your senses a fantastic warm, fuzzy glow. It is naturally caffeine free too, which means it tastes wonderful and is a really good alternative to tea if you are worried about your caffeine intake! Ingredients: South African Rooibos, vanilla pieces, cinnamon, flavour. Naturally caffeine free. Net Weight 80g.
22. Victor Hugo - Blenders Notes: This is a wonderfully balanced blend of a high grade black tea, with just the perfect balance between apples and cinnamon. Ingredients: Premium Indian black tea, Dried apple, cinnamon pieces, freeze dried apple, blackberry leaves, safflower petals and natural flavour. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 70g.
23. Virgil - Orange Pekoe Dimbula Ceylon – Orange Pekoe whole leaf Ceylon black tea, from the Dimbula region in Sri Lanka. It is a high quality tea that gives a golden cup tea with a delicate and mellow flavour. Ingredients: Sri Lankan Full leaf orange pekoe black tea. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 70g.
24. Virginia Woolf - Green Earl Grey - For most of history anonymous was a woman - We have taken a traditional tea and put our own little twist to it! Tea with a hint of bergamot has been a firm favourite for many decades, but here we have combined it with healthy green tea and citrus fruits. Ingredients:
Chinese Green Tea, lemon peel & orange blossom, natural flavour. Naturally contains caffeine. Net Weight 80g.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 21 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
We do offer wholesale. Please send us a message outlining your requirements and we will be happy to help.
Please contact us to see if we can help, we will try to say yes!
We do not offer a gift wrap service, but will be happy to put a personalised note into the package if you would like us to, please put the details in the notes at order.
Each individual product will have weight selections or details on it's weight in the description.
All our teas and infusions will last for at least 12 months from the date of purchase providing it is stored in an airtight container, away from direct light and strong odours.
We send all our orders tracked.
Within the UK parcels are sent on a Tracked 48 hour delivery with Royal Mail.
All overseas parcels are sent via UK Royal Mail post, they are then handed over to the recipients relevant country postal service, there will always be a tracking number provided so that you can watch the progress of your package.
Large orders may be eligible for Courier shipment, we will advise you of this prior to shipment.
We will look at every request individually and always endeavour to help where we possibly can.
Please message us to ask, if this is something you would like!
Nov 29, 2017
Speedy delivery, very securely packaged, and great products - can't wait to see my bookish friends' reaction when they find these author-inspired tea blends under the Christmas tree :)